Thursday, November 10, 2011

Hoping for a Magical Christmas

Most of our friends and family know that we have been trying to find another boy or 2 siblings to host with S this winter. One or ones that would hopefully be "available" at some point. I really wondered over and over if it was going to happen for us this winter. It seemed like every where we turned was a brick wall, and we were seriously praying about whether we should change our path and our plans going forward. (Brick walls being: children through one agency too old or too many siblings, or another not going to west coast, or another not allowing us to host S at same time).


Well, we were strongly considering (and we actually had a "hold" placed) hosting a boy that had one younger brother, but also older sisters as well. This was not a comfortable place for us, as not only was I uncomfortable with the thought of trying to separate him and his brother from the older sisters, it also might not have been possible. 


Well, the day we left South Carolina, I received an e-mail stating that the boy I had repeatedly inquired about on the listing (only seeing his age and name) but had been told was "unavailable," was actually a mistake and he was considered "available." I saw his picture that afternoon and I immediately started feeling that excited/good feeling that I hadn't felt yet. So we prayed and talked about it and decided to go forward with planning to host this boy. 



We don't really know what God has planned for this hosting and this Christmas yet. (And also we aren't sure how long they will be here or when they will arrive yet). And we also will not know for sure his status until we receive official word from his government....but we are praying and preparing ourselves for this Christmas. 


So we are hoping for a little Christmas "magic." Perhaps magic is the wrong word....and yeah it definitely is...because by magic, I mean we are praying that God works mightily in our lives and these boys lives and that we see some big things. That we can show them God's love and continue the seeds we planted with S this summer. And that it is perfectly clear whether or not this boy or another child is meant to be a part of our family. 


11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:11-13

No comments:

Post a Comment