Friday, March 23, 2012

Disappointment

For weeks I was planning to trip to UA for the end of this month. Unfortunately, my hubby decided that we just did not have the money for me to go. I know it was probably the right decision, but I was still incredibly disappointed.

So I sent packages for the boys and their directors today, to be sent with the host director, who is still going next week. :-) The boys gifts: (It's amazing how much you can fit in a gallon sized ziploc!) Of course right after I took this picture I realized that one of the boy's letters had a mistake on it so I had to open and reprint the letter. :-)


So I have been thinking and praying about what to do to best advocate for these kids, since I am not going to get to go meet them next week like I was hoping.....I am thinking of trying to offer some matching grants on some of my favorites, to see if we can get some grant money stirred up-for some of the "harder to get hosted" kiddos. Any thoughts?


No comments:

Post a Comment