Tuesday, March 27, 2012

More about our last chance boys


I received this via e-mail about R & K, and she gave me permission to share online. I really believe it further shows K's hearts desire. Their grant towards hosting is now $4000!


Hey,
I was looking through my bed side table this evening and came across
two items very precious to me that I wanted to share with you (it was
the drawer where I keep the things most important to me in the world).
I'm attaching photos of them. Both of these items are from 2 years
ago, after I'd known him for 2 years. First, it's K's teddy bear
that he gave to me to show me his friendship and love. It was so very
sweet. He has nothing to his name, yet he gave me this. The second
item is a journal he decorated for me with his photo, a bunch of his
artwork inside, and a picture of an angel on the front. You probably
can't tell from the photo but he colored the angel with markers (very
carefully), cut it out (along w/ cloud background) and pasted it to
the journal. Then he wrote me a several page letter in the journal.
Here's an excerpt from that letter that I thought was particularly
notable:


"Amanda, when I first saw you I immediately understood what a person

you were. I thought that America is an unrecognizable country, but

then I saw that Americans came to visit us, and I understood that

America is a pretty good country, now I'm sure of this. Then I became
your friend and now I know about God and he helps me.



Amanda, please tell me, do you read my letters? I read every letter

of yours, because I want to learn more about my friend. Do you know

that someone wants to adopt me? But they still haven't adopted me.
But I hope that they will adopt me. If they do adopt me, I will never
forget you. You have been like a mother to me. I give you this
present, my best friend diary, with all of my wishes."




"No family ever came for them. But for me, this note shows his heart's

desire ... his biggest wish, for a family."


-This team member also gave me some background on their story and it is heart breaking, and yet a real story of redemption-that these boys have been able to rise up above the mistakes of their parents, and become the young men they are today. They have been in orphanages for 7 years now. They grew up separately but were reunited when they arrived at the orphanage. The younger brother-"K" has no one to care about him....Amanda shared that she was the only one to call him on his birthday this year, for example. 

No comments:

Post a Comment