Saturday, May 19, 2012

Paperwork in Route

Thursday I went to the WA Sec of State to get a pile of documents apostilled so that we could mail them to a family  that is traveling to adopt next week (that can hand off to our facilitator in person). It's not our full dossier by any means(MAYBE a 1/4 of it?)....but it's the first step and it's some of the most important parts of the dossier, so they can register us for a submission date.

$180 later and I realized that the amount I had budgeted for apostilles may have been a little too conservative. Yikes!

I worked on Friday (I have an office sub gig subbing for the school district and I have been trying to pick up jobs when I can lately-to put the money towards hosting and the adoption) so on my lunch break I took the papers to the post office to be mailed to California. For some reason they couldn't guarantee that they would arrive until Monday-but I went ahead and crossed my fingers and mailed them!

And happily I got the e-mail that they received them today! Happy dance! So on Tuesday they will be on their way! The next 2 weeks we are hoping to go ahead and finish out the rest of our dossier. It will be nice when I can completely check that off my list....

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I've just been going through your blog and catching up on your story! This is so neat!!! I can't wait to see your family grow, what lucky boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lora! I feel like the lucky one though! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also I love your blog! (I love reading about another Army mom with a little one from U!)

    ReplyDelete