Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The Golden Ticket Update

It's been awhile since my last update.

Last week I spent 6 days at home for my mom's birthday. It was a wonderful week full of sunshine and a great time with both sides of my family. Oh and the food-ahhhh so so wonderful to be in the land of plenty for a few days (fajitas, steak at Saltgrass, barbecue at my dads, burgers at my moms, Freebirds burritos, garlic fries at the Ranger game, the list goes on-lol). :-P I am not sure how I can be an almost vegetarian in Washington and have this carnivore take over when I am home in Texas? Ooh, and my poor husband has been stuck doing training (also in Texas but rather central Texas) for over a week, and I don't think he has been having quite the fun time that I had last week.

My mom's birthday party with my mom and her hubby, my grandma, some of my siblings, their children, and their significant others....

 My mom and my niece at the Ranger game

 My niece and I at the Ranger game

 My niece, my cousin and my little sister

It was hard to leave but it was nice to get back to my house and my kitties and my dog. Huge thanks to my friend Nicole for taking care of Loui (our dog) while I was gone!

And amazingly I returned to a wonderful piece of mail in the mailbox! And yes, I may have made up a little "I've got the golden ticket" song/ditty in my kitchen when I opened it up!

If you look carefully-you will see this is not Charlie in the picture-but rather me.....

We received our Immigration approval to adopt! For those that don't know-this is usually the last document for your dossier! So I am thrilled. However, I then realized that I needed to update our home study and update our immigration approval for 3 children-so that we can reuse it for S's adoption next year........dern-so I thought I was close to done with paperwork! And really, what's more paperwork in the grand scheme of all of this really? We need to update the date on our home study anyway.....

So yes we are still raising money for our summer hosting and for our adoption. To make a tax deductible donation toward our hosting Go HERE! (Paypal fees are involved with that though) 
Or you can mail a check (made out to Angel's Haven) to: 
Guglielmo Winery C/O Ginger Guglielmo 
1480 E. Main Ave.
Morgan Hill, CA 95037
Make sure to mark "Hershon Hosting" if you donate via paypal or by check!
Please let me know if you send any donations so I can make sure our hosting account is credited.

I will have an update soon for hosting t-shirts you can buy to help support our hosting (profits will go to our account) and that are just cool to wear in general!

For the adoption, we should soon have a way to give a tax deductible donation for that as well. I will keep you posted. We have to pay $150 this week to update our home study (groan) and I will be spending probably $400-$500 on apostilles in the next month.

We are planning to join with 2 friends garage sales in the coming months as well. So if you are in WA, and would like to donate anything, please let me know and that will be greatly appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment