Saturday, January 21, 2012

Interesting Week

Well our fun snow day progressed into a foot of snow, iced over snow after that, and 2 days without power. 


Those were a cold couple of days inside the house, but luckily they got everything back on and we are back in business. We were lucky that things weren't any worse than they were.

To me, it was hard because I had a lot of things planned that I needed to get accomplished during the week, most of which didn't get done. However, my husband did put it all in perspective when he said that he liked being snowed in with no power, as "we got to spend more quality time together."

So his statement and the whole week, really put in perspective my sometimes skewed priorities on things.

First and foremost I want to have an increased focus on my relationship with God. My time in "the word" has been almost nonexistent lately, my prayers have been scattered, and our church attendance has been spotty. I want this to change and have already made the steps in the right direction!

My other focus is putting the effort into making sure Matt feels appreciated and important. I don't want him to feel like I want to spend all my time on the computer, rather than just simply spending time with him. It really doesn't matter what we are doing, but to him, that quality time is SO important. So that is my other focus right now.

Wish me luck and keep us in your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment