Saturday, June 30, 2012

Looking Forward!

With our kids set to arrive in a few weeks (and for the past few days, seeing all the pictures from the other host groups) it has brought to mind all the fun "first experiences" that many families and kids will experience this summer. (And brought back all the memories from previous hostings)

My kids have all been hosted before (obviously), and two have been to America twice already, so we won't get to have the fun experiences that many will have. (As the host kids are completely in awe of so many things at home and so many experiences-it really is a special thing to experience for a first time) Fun "firsts" last summer for us- first time at the movies (he was in awe), first time at a restaurant, first time playing water guns (he finally came out of his shell) first time he called me mama, first time he told us he loved us, teaching him to skate.....oh my goodness the list goes on and on!

It's always such an interesting experience to learn their personalities, interests, and preferences. I am SO looking forward to getting to know both 2.0 and S even more and really getting to know V!

I am looking forward to taking 2.0 and V to the beach for the first time. I don't think it will be quite as beautiful of a beach (or as warm!) as last summer in South Carolina with "S" but it's still such a special experience to take the kids. They love the water!

2.0 said on the phone several weeks ago (when we were talking about this summer and swimming) in response to us asking him if he had learned how to swim yet, he very confidently replied "No, Papa taught me how to ride a bike and now he will teach me how to swim." :)

and
I am totally scared looking forward to our first time camping as a family! This would also be the first time for Matt and I to camp since we were quite young so that could be a very "interesting" experience. :)

So I think I have officially gone over into the crazy anticipation phase of hosting. I full expect to get very little sleep for the next few weeks, at least up until the moment that my boys are safe at home in their beds.

No comments:

Post a Comment