Monday, February 27, 2012

This sweet girl needs a family


EDIT 3/23- 
Our girl has a host family! All I know so far is they are in Texas (my home!)  This family is totally prepared for her diagnosis, is familiar and ready to go with her country! This news makes my week! For any families that were interested in V-We have received information on another HIV+ girl that needs a summer host family-turning 10 this year as well-that comes from my boy S's orphanage-you know I want to see her find a family as well! 
For more information about Sasha, go to this link here on my blog. 

"V" is one of the kids that I am really advocating for this summer! This girl was hosted last summer, and the family absolutely loves her and wanted to adopt her. However, their youngest has some severe health issues going on and they don't feel like it is God's plan. They are advocating for her to find a family as well! She is available for summer hosting, and if chosen, will arrive with the group in mid to late June, and will stay around 5-6 weeks. She can be hosted anywhere in US! This sweet girl needs a family.

Hosting is open to families anywhere in US-
The kids will fly into New York, Chicago, San Francisco, and Seattle. 



"V" (9 years old)


"V" is HIV+ and on anti-viral medications. She is active and especially enjoys swimming and ice skating. She loves young children and interacts well with them. She's not a very picky eater and loves most sweets. She is smart and helpful. Has been hosted before by a family that could not adopt her, and the host family believes she would do well in a family with children of any ages. Sweet girl! Our hosting director has met spent a lot of time with her as well. Everyone loves this girl!


She loves to talk, to be photographed, she likes to dance and perform, she has many friends, and is very articulate and interactive. She is HIV+, but she is a child, who deserves a monument - she knows when and how to take her medicine. When she was hosted previously, she was the one who had the biggest suitcase, but not filled with toys or clothing, as the other children, but with medicine. She was serious with border and customs and explained herself in an adult manner that these medicine she needs to take in time and why. The customs tough guys were barely holding their tears back....


If you know ANYONE that might be interested in hosting and hopefully adopting this wonderful little girl, please share this blog post and have them contact us ASAP!



For more information on hosting "V" or another child, go to: www.heartforhosting.org

‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names.
They are easier to ignore before you see their faces.
It is easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms.
But once you do, everything changes."
-from Radical by David Platt

15 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my heart! I recognize sweet "V" from last years hosting list and was so so happy to see she was able to travel. What a beautiful little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I saw her at the airport last summer as well. She is such a special girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sitting at my computer crying! I have never heard of hosting but saw this link on a friends facebook page. Do you know of anyone in Illinois who does this? I would LOVE to speak with someone and find out more information!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww BwB! Yes you can absolutely host in Illinois! You would just pick up on drop off at the closest airport that they fly kids into. (Airports are still being decided upon and will depend on how many kiddos are being hosted in each area of the country). Call Ginger (hosting coordinator) at (408) 710-8902....Or/And send me an e-mail...(Hershonfamily@gmail.com) This is my favorite topic so I would love to talk to you about it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blessed with Boys- Hosting is an amazing experience for the children being hosted as well as the host families! I cant say enough about it. Jo- I hope you dont mind that I used your blog to send a message to BWB :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best "Yes" we have ever said :) Hosting rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. And HIV aint scary- chances are since this kiddo is on meds, her viral load is undetectable or is close to undetectable. There has never been a HIV transmission in a normal household setting (read: not sharing needles, having sex) just by co-living.
    Blood (or breast milk, vaginal fluids or seamen- the only 4 ways to get HIV) has to be dropped into your body from an open wound (or other methods if we're not talking blood) without touching air in between. Once HIV hits air- it dies. So as far as cuts go, it has to drop from the infected individual, into an open cut on your body, without touching air. And their viral load has to be high enough to have enough of the virus present. VERY slim chances, if any at all.
    Urine, spit, bowel movements, throw up, etc. are not an issue as they would not contain the virus.
    Stepping off my soap box now...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can I use the HIV info to help advocate for Vika? I just recently learned the very same info but love they way it's shared here.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great info B! I would like to use that info for advocating for her as well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Go for it :) Jo knows how to get in touch with me if anyone has any questions :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just read this post. Does Vika have a host family yet?

    Sue H.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sue, No she doesn't and I can't believe it! This girl is amazing and I can't believe no one has spoken for her yet.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jo - I would like to get some info about the program and this child (if she is still available). Would you email me at linzdawn19@aol.com. Thank you!

    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete